Today, it’s hard to get too much security—especially in industrial environments. Two new multi-port firewalls, the EAGLE20-0400 and 30-0402 were recently added to the Hirschmann EAGLE line. The primary advantage of these EAGLE products over other products is the increased number of ports. This means that in some scenarios a single device can be deployed, rather than multiple EAGLE20s, saving costs and space. Moreover, where there is a need for link speed greater than 100Mb/s, the EAGLE30-0402 provides with its Gigabit ports a better fit, thus delivering the highest level of network security.
So, what else should you know about these EAGLE products?
An EAGLE20-0400/30-0402 is …
- A multiple port switch, router, and firewall
- Designed for use in industrial environments
- Environmentally hardened and with approvals for water, wind, automation, transportation, oil & gas, and substation markets
- A hardened perimeter firewall for use between networks, with demilitarized zones
- A defense in depth firewall for the protection of multiple secure zones.
What else do the new EAGLEs offer?
Available in two versions, the Hirschmann EAGLE20-0400 firewall supports 4×100 Mb/s ports, whilethe Hirschmann EAGLE30-0402 firewall supports four 100 Mb/s ports and two 1 Gb/s SFP ports. The first hardware release supports Ethernet ports only. Customers can order the required combination of LAN and WAN (with the second hardware release) ports: Ethernet, ADSL, SHDSL, VDSL, E1/T1 and UMTS.
Click here to learn more about the new Hirschmann EAGLE 20-0400 and 20-0402 Multi-Port Firewalls.
Could these firewalls be a good candidate for your upcoming applications?